Well, "sometime" is now! Let's do it together. Join me over on YouVersion and we'll go through the Bible together this year. You keep me accountable and I'll do the same. Here's how it works:
- Go to YouVersion.com and sign up or sign in.
- Join the Group called Jailer and Friends (use the "Join Group" button -- it's easy to miss this step).
- Join the Event called JailerQuest 2013.
- On 1 January, start the plan called Blended. (If you start late, fine. Just see if you can catch up!)
- Download any mobile apps onto you phone/tablet/etc. you find helpful to keeping you going and keeping you in touch.
- Check in regularly to let the group know how you're doing. You can also share your thoughts on the Jailer's Facebook page here, or on Twitter @jailer.
Also, a couple of hints:
- You're going to come to readings you don't understand. Don't stress over it, and don't force it to make sense. Much bad theology is born that way. If you have time for extra study, feel free to do so, but don't get bogged down on every page or you'll never get through. Just ask God to reveal the meaning to you in time and press forward. If you like, post questions in the group and we can discuss.
- You may be tempted to merely scan the genealogies or the finer points of the Mosaic Law, to which i say ... me too! Don't beat yourself up over it. Yes, it's all God's Word, but that doesn't mean there's some deep spiritual truth for you to gain over precisely who begat whom on every occasion.
I look forward to reading God's Word with you in 2013!
UPDATE: Added Facebook group for interaction. Updated instructions here.